Friday, October 3, 2008

Ziplining Baby!!!

Today we went ziplining. I've been looking forward to this ever since I found out about it in June. I absolutely had to twist Matt's arm up over his head to get him to agree to it! He was skeptical at best. But we both agreed today that this experience made our entire trip. There are no words. It was that cool. First of all you ride the train to get to this place. There are no roads in...only private helicopter and train. When you arrive, all the sky rangers (that's what they call the people that are helping you) are there at the station to greet you. They help you get harnessed up and stay with you the entire day. At ALL times while you are in the trees, you are clipped into some sort of safety harness tied to the tree. It would be pretty hard to get hurt at this place. Everyone was so professional, nice, friendly, and they put on a comedy act as well! Halfway through the day they serve you a gourmet lunch on this platform in the forest. How cool is that? In the beginning (of the like 2o-something times you zipline) they send you across very short slow sections so you can get used to it. By the end of the day, I was doing tricks! This first clip is of the first time we went through an Aspen grove. What can I say...it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment