Whenever Matt and I walk in Chapel Hills, I like to play "Does anyone's yard in Chapel Hills look worse than ours?" It's been getting more and more difficult to find a yard that looks worse than ours. Ok so it's a mean game, but I need to know that we're not the only ones whose frontyard looks like it could be found in Chernobyl. Dead grass, ugly shrubs....you get the point. Enter my uncle Ress. He's a genius with plants....the typical Wilsher green thumb. He's going to help us do CPR on the yard. And not a minute too soon.
Dead grass is not attractive. When Aunt Nancy came over she said "Everybody's yard is looking bad this time of year." I replied "This is actually the best it's looked all summer." She was like..."oooohhhh." There they are....a motley crew of various hordicultural marvels ready to guard and defend the yard. Ok, maybe just spruce it up. Ress and Nancy graciously brought over some of his overflow to help us out. If it works, there will no doubt be another blog to celebrate. Oh, and we planted winter rye, which should add some green during the winter....keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:
Post a Comment